This is great news for choice and competition in education. And, based on our daughter's personal experience in a Montessori pre- / K-8 school, he has picked the best student-centered learning curriculum, which will prepare students well for the opportunities and challenges of the 21st century.
The J&B Duo (Bob DeVito, guitar/vocals) and Jim Tosone (Bass) enjoyed performing yesterday for the residents of Longview at Christian Health Care Center in Wyckoff.
Bergen County voters: this November, please vote column 3 - Murray Sabrin for Senate and James Tosone for House of Representatives.
Based on my policy positions on spending, taxes, debt, education, healthcare, and infrastructure, the Conservative Party of New Jersey has endorsed me as their candidate for Congress in NJ-5. I will continue to work with all organizations on issues where we have common cause in advancing liberty and limiting government.
Rather than speculate on why Ms. Wright failed to include me in her article, I will merely inform the registered voters in the fifth congressional district (42% of them registered Unaffiliated) that I am the Libertarian Party candidate for Congress. While the media continues to act as a free publicity machine for the two old parties, I will continue to work to get my message out. In the meantime, I challenge Ms. Wright to visit my website or interview me.
Ballotpedia is the encyclopedia of American Politics. They create pages for the candidates and ask them to respond to their survey questions. Scroll down to the Campaign Themes section of my page to see my responses.
I filled out the League of Women Voters' Candidate Questionnaire. Here is my answer to Q5 (of 5):
What measures do you support to improve and secure elections and voting in our country?
To secure and improve elections, I will work to:
• Require that all electronic voting machines produce a paper receipt, which can then be verified by the voter and given to a poll worker
• Institute Ranked Choice Voting, which will ensure all elected candidates receive a majority (as opposed to a plurality) of the votes cast
• Eliminate election laws and regulations that disadvantage third-party and independent candidates (e.g., taxpayer-funded primaries and favored ballot position for the two major parties)
Once the Democratic and Republican Senators have finished their speeches, let's hope they ask these important questions relating to Constitutional interpretation: Congressional Power, Executive Power, Unenumerated Rights, Judicial Engagement, and Searches/Seizures.
The League of Women Voters of Bergen County is planning a candidates forum for Congressional District 5 on Wednesday, October 24. I have accepted the invitation to participate. Location, time, and further information will be forthcoming at a later date.
I filled out the League of Women Voters' Candidate Questionnaire. Here is my answer to Q4 (of 5):
What, if any steps, should our nation take to reform immigration policies?
At the Federal level, I will work to:
• Streamline the legal immigration process, which will reduce illegal immigration
• Remove the cap on high-skilled immigrant workers, who contribute to a vibrant economy
• Expand the guest worker program so that seasonal and other workers can work here and contribute, without feeling the pressure to stay illegally and bring their families
I filled out the League of Women Voters' Candidate Questionnaire. Here is my answer to Q3 (of 5):
What should our nation do regarding healthcare access?
I will work to return decision-making power to patients and providers by:
• Controlling costs using Direct Primary Care for routine medical treatment, thereby limiting private & government insurance to large, unexpected treatments
• Allowing workers to save their Medicare payroll taxes in personal, inheritable retirement health savings accounts that will gradually replace Medicare transfers
• Giving states full flexibility to use Medicaid funds to achieve a few broad goals
I filled out the League of Women Voters' Candidate Questionnaire. Here is my answer to Q2 (of 5):
What will you do to support a vibrant economy in our area?
At the Federal level, I will work to support a vibrant economy in our area by:
• Eliminating all Federal programs that collect money from the states, only to dole it back to the states. So New Jersey will keep 100% of that money, instead of getting back only 30%.
• Eliminating the corporate income tax, and instead treat dividends/capital gains as ordinary income on individual income taxes
• Freeing states from federal regulations that needlessly raise costs on businesses and consumers
I filled out the League of Women Voters' Candidate Questionnaire. Here is my answer to Q1:
What are the most important challenges facing our country and how do you propose to address them?
My specific proposals for addressing our most important challenges can be found in the Issues section of my website. They include:
• Reforming the big-ticket spending programs in the Federal budget, and using the savings to reduce taxes and pay down debt
• Expanding patient power by increasing choice in healthcare
• Expanding parent and student power by increasing choice in education
• Returning control of infrastructure funding and decisions to states and towns
• Refocusing of foreign policy and the military on the defense of the United States
• Remove marijuana from the Controlled Substances Act
I will post answers to the remaining questions on subsequent days.
SchoolChoiceNJ has selected me as their candidate in the 5th Congressional District. Here is my 3+ minute talk at their event on Tuesday.
Politicians on the left and the right invoke the Constitution when it supports their preferred policy outcomes. They conveniently ignore it when it conflicts. I pledge to continue to use a consistent approach to constitutional interpretation, even if the outcome is not one I prefer. That is the only way for the Constitution to remain meaningful as the supreme law of the land.
As long as we continue to elect Democrats and Republicans, this will never end. Only the Libertarian Party is committed to ending all farm subsidies, the bulk of which go to wealthy farmers.
The Story: The New Farm Bill Is Going To Suck
Direct Primary Care will address a root cause of the crisis in our healthcare system: namely, the use of private and government insurance to pay for routine medical products and services. The whole concept behind insurance is to pool risk in order to cover only large, unexpected expenses. That is the only way to make premiums affordable.