I filled out the League of Women Voters' Candidate Questionnaire. Here is my answer to Q1:
What are the most important challenges facing our country and how do you propose to address them?
My specific proposals for addressing our most important challenges can be found in the Issues section of my website. They include:
• Reforming the big-ticket spending programs in the Federal budget, and using the savings to reduce taxes and pay down debt
• Expanding patient power by increasing choice in healthcare
• Expanding parent and student power by increasing choice in education
• Returning control of infrastructure funding and decisions to states and towns
• Refocusing of foreign policy and the military on the defense of the United States
• Remove marijuana from the Controlled Substances Act
I will post answers to the remaining questions on subsequent days.